fredag 8 april 2011

voting

once, I was faced with the statement that: "you have to vote or you will let someone else decide for you" - "if you don't go and vote you cannot complain afterwards".
It was a school assignment and I wrote an essay on it.
I reread it awhile ago - it completely smashed this argument, by stating the obvious: if we vote we accept that someone else will decide for us, hence the only ones who should not complain afterwards are the ones that did vote. It also creates the feeling that things should be taken care of for you - since you no longer have any say. You have partaken and is now victim of chosen aristocratic power.

voting doesn't only not make a difference
it makes indifference

maybe I should post the whole thing here.. Havn't wrote anything better since (I was 17..)



,K;as.s

7 kommentarer:

  1. ok, I'll look around amongst the papers, see if I find it again.. hm, wonder if I should do it in english . original is swedish-..

    SvaraRadera
  2. sant. vad händer om ingen röstar?

    SvaraRadera
  3. vet inte, let's find out!
    typ fråga nån som borde veta, eller bara gör det! (inte gör det.. )

    SvaraRadera
  4. lägg ut hela texten :)

    SvaraRadera
  5. den kommer.. ska bara leta lite till här i bråten

    SvaraRadera
  6. hittar den tyvärr inte.. kanske vid nagon framtida flytt

    SvaraRadera